Hello from Contigo HQ –
Nothing says holiday cheer like putting up lights, snow falling and enjoying a great cup of eggnog.
There is more to this holiday classic than heading to the store and picking up a carton of it. In fact, before the next party you host, you can make your own! The best part is if you have leftovers, you can take it in your travel mug.
Here’s how to go from mixing store bought to people asking you what your recipe is.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 12 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 1/2 quarts heavy cream
- 3 cups bourbon
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 cups cognac
Note: Booze is not necessary but may add some…fireworks to the party.
So I got all this stuff, what do I do now?
Throw it all in a blender. No, no just kidding.
- In a big bowl, beat the egg yolks until they are pale yellow. (Like that yellow stuffed duck you still have from when you were a kid. You know where it is.)
- Gradually add the sugar to the yolks. Then beat/whisk in the milk and 1 quart of cream.
- Pour in the booze. All of it. However you want. Just keep an eye on Grandma’s consumption.
- Before serving, whip the eggs white until stiff and fold it into the mix.
- Whip the rest of the heavy cream until stiff and fold it into the mix. (Wait, why did I just write the same thing twice? Should have just copy and pasted and changed what I was whipping.)
- Sprinkle nutmeg. Make sure to do it with some flair. It’ll make it taste better.
- Serve and enjoy. Responsibly, of course.
- If you plan on walking around the neighborhood caroling, you can take it to in your travel mug. It will stay the perfect temperature and you will be able to stay warm.
*Note: This recipe contains raw ingredients. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition.Back to Blog Home